- Master´s and postgraduate
Journalist and multidisciplinary artist.
He has taught Infography on the EINA Master's in Advanced Typography since 2009. He has given classes and papers at: Arts Director Club N.Y., Poynter Institute for Media Studies, Society For News Design (USA), Universidad Nacional de la Plata, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Universidad de Palermo (Argentina), Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Universidad de Navarra, Universidad San Pablo CEU (Spain), Instituto Internacional de Periodismo José Martí (Cuba)
Professional / Research Activity
He currently runs the Infography and Illustration Department at the La Vanguardia newspaper, in which every Sunday he publishes an unclassifiable opinion column also circulated by the prestigious French publication Courrier International. Alongside his work as a journalist, in recent years he has focused on creating a body of artistic work using the widest range of supports for exhibition-type work: graphic work, animation, participatory art, performance art and also the use of mass media as a means of dissemination.
As a graphic journalist, he has managed or advised the graphic departments at: The Independent (the United Kingdom), National Geographic Magazine (USA), Corriere Della Sera, Il Sole 24 Ore, Gazzetta Dello Sport (Italy), Editora Abirl, Folha de Sao Paulo (Brazil), El Periódico de Catalunya, Tele 5, El Mundo Deportivo, La Vanguardia (Spain), Clarín, La Nación, Olé (Argentina), El Comercio, La República (Peru), Diario de Noticias, Jornal de Noticias (Portugal).
His work has been recognised by more than a hundred international SND, SPD, Malofiej awards. In March 2012, SND named him the world's most influential infographer for 1992-2012.
(Only the 5 most recent ones are listed)
- Una Paradoja Dominical
Book-object containing 13 columns published in La Vanguardia in 2010 and 2011 and an original work, together with texts by 12 acclaimed art, journalism, poetry and psychoanalysis professionals.
Published by La Vanguardia.
- Infographics. A Visual Definition A global perspective from 81 Graphic Artist. Published by SND and the Universidad de Navarra. 2012
- Malofiej 18. Capítulos: Una paradoja dominical (pp 62 to 71) and Paralelismo convergente (pp 80 to 101). Published by SND-E, Index Books. 2011
- Reportage in the journal Ètapes no. 10. Infografía Subjetiva. Published by Gustavo Gili. 2010
- Infografía, 1ª exposición de gráficos periodísticos. Sala de Armas, Ciudadela de Pamplona, April and May 2002
- Muestra colectiva 100x100 argentinos. Centro Cultural de España in Buenos Aires. Muestra. Buenos Aires, Argentina. 2012
- Muestra colectiva Infographics. National Geographic Museum. National Geographic Society. Washington D.C., USA. 2002